6.30.2009

The One About Random Thoughts

My youngest child, Jenna, likes to drink my iced coffee. I don't let her get into it too often. Well, I never let her. She helps herself from my glass in the fridge. But when she was just barely two and kept wanting it I thought, hey, this will stop her, I'll let her taste it. And another coffee addict was born.

I was surprised that a Nashville television news anchor could not pronounce the word sarcophagus. It was as if she had never seen the word before. I find that odd.

My spouse and my friend Brien are Pepsi drinkers. I haven't had a soda since 2002. I find the smell of Pepsi to be intoxicating and often smell their drinks. Don't judge me.

I won't be able to see the new Harry Potter movie the day it comes out.

I still haven't finished sending Christmas cards from 2008. Or 2007. Perhaps I should locate my address book.

I don't hate the Fourth of July. But I do hate how it freaks out my dogs. The fireworks and all. It's a week of whimpering from large animals. Not pretty.

My fish hate me. I can sense it. I have put off cleaning the fish tank too long. I can see their resentful stares from here.

Suntanning is one of the fastest ways to premature aging. Don't just take my word for it. Ask a dermatologist. And slap on some sunblock while you're at it.

More and more people keep asking me to sing. I'm afraid I will turn into one of those horrendous, delusional contestants on American Idol.

My oldest daughter's favorite nail polish color is red.

I really like naps but I rarely feel better after taking one.

I read my favorite books over and over because I usually forget how they end.

Delete is a button I need to remember to push after I read an email.

The scent of honeysuckle is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment