8.17.2009

The Jane Ellen Podcast Summary #115 Mon 08.17.09

Two million calories. They assume. 1,224 pounds. 800 eggs and 200 pounds each of sugar and flour. That's inside the new Guinness World Record holder for biggest cupcake. It was triple vanilla with pink frosting. Slices were sold for donations to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and it was created from the folks at www.gourmetgiftbaskets.com. Sounds tasty. My Jenna turns three on Sunday and has requested pink cupcakes for her class. I think I'll make mine a little smaller.

District 9 made about $37 million over the weekend. The Time Traveler's Wife came in third with $19 million. District 9 has Peter Jackson attached so I'm all about it.

Jim and I had quite the discussion about cars. So unusual for us. But it started because of a conversation I had with Brien and his love of camaros. By the way, you can win Brien's latest CD by registering on the website. His song "All American" is really hitting home with member of the military and their families.

Paula Abdul will not be on Ugly Betty. Rumors are flying that with the right offer she will return to American Idol.

Can you name all of Jane Fonda's husbands? And can you even imagine how they connect to John Derek's wives? Oh, it's vague, but it's there. Listen to Jim and I discuss it. Jane Fonda might, might marry number four, producer Richard Perry.

August 19 the 600th Archies comic book is released and the cover had Archie proposing to Veronica. Jim, and many others, are peeved because they feel Betty is the way to go. Jim and I got into a heavy discussion regarding the entire situation. I found out that Jim preferred Maryanne over Ginger on Gilligan's Island. Shocking. But true. I am more of a Ginger and Veronica girl myself.

There are many new things to discover at www.thejaneellen.com. The recipe of the week is Parmesan Potatoes. Jay has a new gardening column, and there's the new and improved Entertain Yourself page. A lot to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment