5.12.2009

The Jane Ellen Experience Podcast Summary #46 Tue 05.12.09

So, you buy a wrestling mask, kind of like a ski mask. You wear it into a furniture store. Are you surprised the police show up because the people at the store think they're being robbed? Well, it happened. The guy said he wore the mask because he was ugly. I wonder. He wasn't really robbing the store. But it wasn't so smart of an idea. I have friends who work in convenience stores. I can imagine their reaction if someone walked in wearing a mask. I told one of them that when I don't hear back from them I naturally assume they're being robbed, shot, or kidnapped. Jim asked if I didn't just thing they were busy working. Uh, rarely. Though, that is usually the case.

Dancing with the Stars semi-finals. Wonderful yet depressing as it is almost over. Each couple had to do a ballroom and a Latin number. Melissa and Tony did a quickstep and received a 28 and a cha cha cah and got a 27. That gives them a 55 and put the in third place. The judges issue was a lack of spark, though everything was good. Lack of spark tells me choreography was not dazzling, perhaps because of her rib injury. As Len pointed out, everything Melissa does is good.

Today we did a little research of our own and found out that Gilles is 33. Our friend Brien will be 33 one day. I wonder if when he gets that old he'll turn into Gilles. I have no problem with that. Gilles and Cheryl were beyond magnificent and got perfect scores on both the waltz and the salsa. Sublime. They are clearly in the lead and I have not doubt that they are going to the finals. They should. If you didn't see their dances look them up and watch them.

Shawn and Mark had a great night. They did a wonderful tango. I have to tell you, I would love to learn a tango but I suspect my constant laughing would be an issue. She totally delivered and they got a 30, their first perfect score. It was awesome. Their jive got a 26. I want her shoes. That put them in second place with a total of 56.

And Ty and Chelsie were in fourth place. You knew that even before they danced. Who knew you could waltz to Lynyrd Skynyrd? Well, you can, to Tuesday's Gone. Their very clunky waltz got a 25 and their samba got a 23 which gave them a 48. Ty certainly wins most improved dancer ever. I don't expect him to move on and I don't think he expects it either. But I have certainly enjoyed getting to know him.

Tonight it's the three guys on Idol. They will each do two songs. One the judges have chosen for them and one they have chosen themselves. Here's some trivia for you. Paula Abdul's new song "I'm Just Here for the Music" was co-written by Danielle Brisebois. Name sound familiar? She wrote Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten" and "Pocketful of Sunshine." No, that's not it. She was a kid on "All in the Family." Played Stephanie when that TV show jumped the shark. Yes, that very same former actress Danielle Brisebois. How about that? Kylie Minogue also recorded "I'm Just Here for the Music" and Danielle wrote a song on Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man album, so she has American Idol connections. Danielle is now 40 years old.

Now that I've just blown your mind, I will leave you to let it all sink in. Jim's birthday is Sunday. He's expecting a gift.

Make sure you keep checking back to the website www.thejaneellen.com. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment