9.10.2009

The Jane Ellen Experience Podcast Summary #132 Thu 09.10.09

Ellen. Jane Ellen. Almost the same. Which is why I am thrilled that Ellen DeGeneres is filling the vacant chair left by Paula Abdul for season 9 of American Idol. Ellen will not be a part of the auditions, however. The guest judges are Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Kristin Chenoweth (why ABC, did you have to cancel Pushing Daisies, why?), Joe Jonas, Neil Patrick Harris, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, and Shania Twain. Now, it is true, I was in the running for the judge's chair. But it was just the chair, not the actual job. Sigh. I think that with Ellen there it will reinvigorate the show. She loves music, she's a fan of the show, and she's naturally funny. She will bring something entirely different to it. I cannot wait to watch.

Sparrow. Keep your eyyyyyyyyyyyeeee on the Sparrow. OK, Jim sang the theme from Barretta today. But that's because just after midnight on September 9 Nicole Richie and Joel Madden had a baby. For some reason I thought that Sparrow was a girl's name. It is not. Their son is Sparrow James Midnight Madden. Their daughter, Harlow, is 2.

Army Archerd passed away Tuesday at the age of 87 from cancer. He wrote an entertainment column in Daily Variety and was known for fact-checking. His biggest story was that Rock Hudson had AIDS in 1985. He also broke the story in 1991 that Julia Roberts had broken up with fiance Kiefer Sutherland and in 1992 that longtime bachelor Warren Beatty was marrying Annette Bening. They are still married. I think they have four kids. Mark Lester is the father of none of them.

You must see the video of the guy in Venice who started to strip for George Clooney during the press conference. It shows why I love Clooney. He is charming and funny. Yes, he's devastatingly handsome. But even if he wasn't, he's got the charming and funny down. Jim and I go on to discuss my fantasy world where I would like to believe that Clooney isn't like other men, when I am quite sure he is. You see, I've already got a husband, I know what that's like. You need to hear it. Trust me. You. Need. To. Hear. It. Click on Hear Jane www.thejaneellen.com.

I have much to do to prepare for Tennessee Top Model today so I am off. Have a fantastic Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment