3.30.2009

The Jane Ellen Experience Podcast Summary #15 Mon 03.30.09

The video for This Fairytale is finished. You can find it in the following places so knock yourself out: www.thejaneellen.com under Watch Jane. You'll find it on www.youtube.com and at www.myspace.com/thejaneellenpodcast and www.myspace.com/brientravis.

I was first thrilled and excited that Family Guy had a Star Trek theme. As far as I was concerned, the entire show could've been a Star Trek parody because, and I do stand by this, Family Guy's finest hour was its homage to Star Wars last year. Most of the cast of Next Generation were featured. How annoying for Stewie it was to be at a convention when the cast was being asked non-Star Trek questions. Oh, it was truly freakin' sweet.

Mel and Mike were eliminated from the Amazing Race. While it was on last night, Jim kept mentioning the spelling of Phuket, India. I was only half paying attention and I was like, yeah, Phuket, unusual. Then Jim says, pharmacy, how do you say pharmacy? Ph, Phuket, get it? Why do we say Poo-ket was his point. Well, I guess because it just wouldn't fly any other way.

Dennis Rodman showing up drunk on assignment on Celebrity Apprentice seemed to play a factor in his being cut loose at the end of the show.

In case you're not up on what kids are into lately. The Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards were on and the favorite TV show was, not CSI, but iCarly. What? You are unfamiliar? Get with the program. Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Jack Black, American Idol, High School Musical 3 and the book Twilight were some of the other winners. And, of course, slime was involved.

I can't stop eating jalapeno cheese. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

It seems you can get a grant for most anything. At least from the government in South Wales. A couple is getting 4,500 pounds to instruct people on how to contact people on "the other side" and I'm not talking the other side of the pond. Veil, people, other side of the veil. These psychics have to "provide substantial evidence to bring ease to people's grieving" and I'm all for that. Just don't know how they're going to do that.

Have you ever had a mountain oyster? Oakdale, California's Testicle Festival is today. Last year they raised about $28,000 by serving fried, wait for it, wait for it, bull testicles. It's $50 a pop for the dinner. Every year cattle ranchers castrate young male bovines into steers and why waste all that testicular goodness when someone is bound to fry it and eat it, hmmm? Now, I've never had such a thing. However, I would like to nominated Adam Cravens to give it a shot. Or Brien Travis. It is his birthday tomorrow and I would like for him to have a ball.

California is not the only place where they have testicle festivals by the way. People eat all sorts of strange to me animal body parts all the time. But this has caused me to wonder. Does it taste like chicken? Is it chewy? It is fried and most fried things are steeped in deliciousness so would I like it if I were not predisposed to be disgusted by it. Is there a gravy or dipping sauce served with it? Do you serve it with tongue or tripe or haggis? Do you have to liquor up the crowd first before they eat? So many questions. If you have the answers, or know where to get mountain oysters in Middle Tennessee, or shipped to us so Adam and Brien can try them, do let me know at www.thejaneellen.com. They'll be ever so happy.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. No more about the fried testicles. Combos. Let's talk about Combos.

    ReplyDelete