12.31.2009

The Jane Ellen Experience Podcast #199 Thu 12.31.09

To wrap up this whirlwind of a year, Jim and I discussed many a New Year's Eve tradition. And the all important distinction between Guy Lombardo and Vince Lombardi. It's subtle, but it's there. If you don't know who either of them are, well, all the more reason to listen at Hear Jane on www.thejaneellen.com.

New Year's has never been a favorite "holiday" of mine as I don't trust other people on the road and have no desire to mix it up with them. If you are out and about feel free to be wary. Drive safe. And there is never, ever, any reason to drink and drive. Ever.

Jim claims that I cast spells on places in which I used to live and found a story about a whacked out mom from Fredericksburg, VA. Oh, it's mighty entertaining. Well, scary really. Fortunately, her kids are OK. Now. And no, I didn't know her.

Do I have a resolution? No. I don't make them. Hard to mess with perfection really. We did discuss a Gallup Poll of most admired people. I had a hard time with that too. Jim said apparently I only admired myself. See, I don't admire people for simply being famous. The people on the list weren't on mine. I have nothing against those on the list. I just felt they were there because those being asked expected them to answer with those names, like Oprah. I have no Oprah issues, expect perhaps jealousy over her brilliant marketing. You know what I mean? Anyway, I admire my friend Shan most more than the former first lady. You see, I actually know Shan. I'm also the type of person who doesn't respect you because you have a title. I respect you only if you earn my respect.

On the other hand, Wendy found me some really cool wetsuits that look like original series Star Trek uniforms. Suh-weet.

Have a wonderful New Year. The show will be back Monday. Site updates will be there this weekend, the good Lord willing, the creek don't rise, and Brien's computers don't get more viruses. Thank you for a great first year with www.thejaneellen.com. I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment