12.28.2009

The Jane Ellen Experience Podcast Summary #196

What were the coolest things you were given this Christmas? I'll admit, I was loaded down with some awesome stuff. Here, let me list some for the burglars. Some jewelry from Ireland, a gorgeous faux fur scarf, an amazing black purse, a Beatles belt buckle, and the most divine smelling perfume from SJP called Dawn. I did not, however, receive a Kindle. That little item was the most gifted item purchased from Amazon. It's main competition is the Nook e-reader from Barnes & Noble. (All I'm saying is if they don't do the audio books I just recorded, don't get them.) I am quite the Amazon shopper myself. I did not, however, purchase any of the following. For vdeo games it was the Wii Fit Plus with the Balance Board. I don't see Adam Cravens playing that. Though I'd like to. It would be video-worthy. New Super Mario Brothers and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music, and Brien Travis's Tales of Lazy Wednesdays. Hey, I told you he was big in Japan. What really set Jim off was the fact that Amazon shoppers bought more than 50 times more light therapy devices this season than there are days with sun in the city of Seattle during an entire year. If you would like to hear him go off on how people with SAD lived in the Dark Ages without light therapy devices, click on Hear Jane at www.thejaneellen.com.

New recipe of the week is a saucy way to deal with turkey leftovers. And it has a bit of an Asian twist to it to make a not-so ordinary Turkey Sandwich. Or sure, cut the carbs, make a salad. It's in the Cook Jane section. All the details regarding A Fashion Affair, a charity event featuring the designs of the world famous Manuel, are now up on the main page so read on and do try to attend if you're in Middle Tennessee January 30.

Hey, want to do something really fun? Climb into a cage baited for a large animal with really sharp teeth and make funny faces while you're friend takes pictures. They didn't make it to the Darwin Awards, but almost qualified.

Tuesday Adam Cravens returns to the show. He alleges he is bringing his cousin. I told him he had better be funny. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment