3.15.2010

The Jane Ellen Experience Podcast Summary #245 Mon 03.15.10

Happy Ides of March. As any educated person knows, the ides is the 15th of March, May, July and October, and the 13th of the rest of the months. But the Ides of March was made famous because it was on that day. What, I have to tell you? One of the most famous hits in Italian mob history. Julius Caesar was stabbed by about 60 Roman Senators, including Brutus ("et tu, Brute?" and you, Brutus) on March 15, 44 B.C. But you knew that. Of course you did. Well, that's why I'm here, to remind you that ancient studies needs to be hammered into everyone's heads because it's cool and worthwhile. Even though Jim disagrees. But what does he agree on? So little.

Alice in Wonderland has made a gajillion dollars. OK, that's not a precise amount, but close. It was number one again over the weekend. Man that Irish wrestler guy with the red hair is really pale. But I digress.

So, let's talk Giant African snails. I must admit, this story gave me the giggles. I snort laughed. Couldn't stop. This guy, Charles L. Stewart, has smuggled these illegal snails into Florida. That's the issue. They are invasive. Hey now, here's why, they grow up to ten inches. See why I had issue? Hear Jane www.thejaneellen.com. Now he says it's part of his religion and he and his followers drink the snail juice. I don't know if they milk them or sqeeze them or squish them or what. You'd have to listen. I suggest you do.

And a woman who had been arrested for fraud had almosts thirty grand in bills AND receipts in her bra. That's a lot of paper. That's a really big bra. Let's visualize, shall we?

Site updates ready and waiting. Jay talks about asparagus in Can U Dig It. Go look.

No comments:

Post a Comment